Search This Blog

Friday, February 15, 2019

Winter Feldenkrais classes in Reno -- in case you are wondering about weather-related cancellation policy

Dear friends and students,

During the winter months when the weather is often cold, snowy, or rainy and unpleasant, Feldenkrais Awareness Through Movement classes in Reno pretty much always occur as scheduled.  The atmosphere inside is heart-warming,  healthy, open,  mindful and friendly -- no matter what the weather is doing or what the world outside is like.

I feel strongly that the consistency of classes is an important part of developing our commitment to wellbeing, self-care, and/or healing or improving whatever elements of personal growth that we are working on.  And equally important, that this commitment helps everyone around us and beyond. Intention is powerful.

Thus the only time I cancel a class is if the weather and/or streets are genuinely dangerous or if I am sick. Otherwise classes go on.  If only a few people attend, that is fine. Lucky for them! It just means that we sometimes have smaller, more intimate, lively groups, with more individual support and sometimes a little more playful.

Valentines Day at the Reno Buddhist Center on Valentine's Day, Feb. 14 was one of these; we ate chocolates together and did my favorite seated lesson, an interesting, rich and varied lesson that includes working with the eyes and the entire body.  We are doing the same lesson tomorrow at 250 Bell St., 10 am, and I will be there.

If I ever do cancel a class, I will text you if I have your phone numbers. I will also post a notice here on my website, and on both of my facebook pages. And you can always contact me to ask if you have a concern. But generally speaking, I don't cancel classes unless the weather is truly treacherous (which actually has never happened), or if I am sick or out of town, and neither of those things happens often.

So now you know.  I'll see some of you tomorrow! Just drive safely if the roads are icy. I'll be there.