Wednesday, May 30, 2012
MINDFUL GARDENING yields great results
Here are some important 'COMFORTABLE GARDENING' tips from Reno Feldenkrais:
(1) Always keep some attention on your body so that you don't forget about yourself and hurt yourself unconsciously;
(2) CHANGE POSITIONS frequently if you feel uncomfortable or if you feel pain;
(3) Use your whole body to support weed pulling and other tasks, working at an angle or from the side, not straight down in front of you;
(4) Bend from the knees and hips, not from your lower spine;
(5) Being more mindful as you tend your beautiful garden will save you pain and give you pleasure. AND you will reap the rewards in your well-being!
(6) If you want to learn more about how to move more comfortably, with greater stability, grace and with less pain, contact me at 775-240-7882 or email@example.com about classes or private lessons.