Search This Blog

Saturday, September 1, 2018

Waking Up Your Weekend -- from the inside out

Do you want a new approach to a few things? Or just about everything? Try Feldenkrais® Awareness Through Movement® Classes and Functional Integration®.


The 10 am Saturday morning Feldenkrais class at 250 Bell St. in Reno is an interesting mix of people, young, older, very diverse backgrounds, professions. What we all share is our common interest in exploring and improving our movement patterns and habits; wellness; physical, mental and emotional possibilities; individual growth, consciousness and self-awareness. We use carefully designed movement sequences as the vehicle with which to study ourselves and these aspects of our lives. What is comfortable and easy? Or limited and difficult? Where do I lose track of myself? Where and how can I find a new approach to my limitations, but gently and mindfully?


This is the essence of meaningful learning and self-care. When this approach is embodied, there is virtually nothing that doesn't improve -- we are more alive, alert and balanced. More comfortable and aligned. We can even breathe better, because our ribs are freer, our diaphragm releases and working with our attention and sensation de-stresses our bodies and brings calm within.

If these ideas touch something authentic in you, I hope you will join us. You'll find out for yourself how much wisdom you have in your body when you wake it up with your brain and attention, how much better you can feel and move. I also teach classes TUES from noon-1:30 pm at 250 Bell St; and THURS from 5-6:30 pm at the Reno Buddhist Center, Plumas at Taylor (and of course SAT 10-11:30 am). I am a certified Feldenkrais practitioner and teacher. I did my 4-year Feldenkrais training in Berkeley, CA and teach the only ongoing Feldenkrais Awareness Through Movement classes in Northern NV (since 2009).

Please use the form at the top right of my webpage to contact me for information about the Feldenkrais Method, for a class handout, for info about group or individual work or to discuss related questions. Meanwhile,

Happy weekend!
Carole
renofeldenkrais.blogspot.com
carole@renofeldenkrais.com