Search This Blog

Sunday, December 15, 2019

2020 Schedule and Feldenkrais Classes Update

RjtSZHwRTVmmhg4zqzKM w
The delightfully brain challenging lesson last week with 2 rhythms & a catchy title, Frog-legs, freeing the head.
Hi everyone, 

This is a brief excerpt from a recent newsletter, updating you on the year end schedule and sharing just a bit about 2020 classes, what we focus on, how learning, improving and growing happen using the Feldenkrais Method. Please contact me using the form above if you have any questions. I'll be sending out a holiday December letter over vacation, so keep an eye out for it. I may have a spontaneous sort of Flash Feldenkrais event over the holiday too! I will be in town and will be able see a people privately when needed. Feel free to call and catch up too. I would love to hear from you. 

Lots of things happening next year, 
including 2 new classes, one for people with less mobility and another for people who want a more fitness orientation. To be continued! 
Happy December, celebrating the return of the light in all its forms!

With best wishes and love,
Carole


Hi dear friends and students:


It is astonishing how the time has flown this year. Suddenly we are almost at the end of the year, and the decade! The passing of time is not a linear phenom in my world!

Here is the 2020 update. Classes start again at Gerber Med Clinic on Tues Jan. 7, 2020 at 12:30, Thurs Jan 9, 5 pm at RBC, and Sat Jan 11, at Gerber Med Clinic. Thus, nothing is changing:  same times, places, and fees. That means I'm using the same need-based sliding scale, from $15/class drop-in, to $6/class. You may also buy the more convenient 10-class card for $120 or make other arrangements with me. Cash is appreciated, and I'm not set up to take credit cards.

A bit more about classes: I don’t know if anyone else has noticed, but for me as teacher, classes this year feel more open and personal, more light-hearted and funnier (I tell more jokes!) meaning many of us really do seem to be laughing more. We’ve also started talking for a few minutes at the end of class about the lesson, while we get ready to leave. We’ve been discussing what people have gotten out of the class, things that felt challenging or new, and exploring other questions and comments. Its very informal but helpful. We learn from each other this way. It feels like a natural development, sort of supporting and sharing, perhaps in response to the crazy divisions we can feel at times in the outside world.
YsgrIicrToa aPpIftU4tQ
In Awareness Through Movement® classes we are focused on shared goals of learning to feel and use our bodies with more self-aware precision, sensing changes, ultimately to move more comfortably, with greater resilience, alignment, balance and grace. And to improve our overall wellbeing. And this is happening!


A student who comes regularly sent me a really sweet text yesterday saying “I just love your classes, Carole. You are making a real difference in people’s lives. I am healthier because of what I am learning with you. My pain issues are better. My life is still stressful but I am learning to manage it all better. KC” ** I can't tell you how much it means to get comments like these, unsolicited. This is why I do what I do. And it carries us nicely to the next topic. LEARNING.

Learning is fueled by curiosity, as 5 mins with any baby, toddler or child will remind you. That is the spirit of my teaching, and it brings energy into our study of movement patterns, self awareness and self-improvement, no matter what your condition is or your age, or what brought you to class. We will always return to learning about ourselves with non-judgment, mindful lightness and ease. 

Looking forward to seeing you in class soon! Use the contact form above right if you have questions, would like to schedule a free 15 minute phone consultation or would like to attend a class. 

Happy new year!
Carole